Primary Service Areas :
Melanie is the founder of Kalex Valuations Inc. and began professional practice in 1985, and includes several years of industry experience. Throughout her professional career she has been involved in many assignments for a variety of public and private companies of various sizes and across many industries. She obtained her training at two of the large international accounting firms as well as in industry. Melanie placed second in Canada on the CICBV membership examination. She founded Kalex Valuations Inc. in 1996.
Ms. Russell has been active in teaching business valuations and related topics since 1987 at various universities and professional organizations, and jointly runs the premiere preparatory course for CBV students in Canada taking their national Membership Entrance Examination. She has written various articles, taught professional courses and had many public speaking engagements on matters relating to business valuations and related topics.
Melanie has qualified as an expert in the areas of business/asset valuation, quantification of damages, income determination and forensic accounting. She has testified as an expert in business valuations in the Ontario Court of Justice and the Ontario Superior Court, and for the Investment Dealers’ Association and the Discipline Committee of the Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario, as well as in alternative dispute forums.
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, CA)
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) – second highest mark in Canada
- Certified Investment Manager (CIM)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV)
- Certificate Program in Dispute Resolution
- Collaborative Family Practice
- CPA Canada
- CPA Ontario
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators
- National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- President of North York District Chartered Accountants Association
- Director of Etobicoke District Chartered Accountants Association
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) – University of Manitoba